Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Houston
CALL (888) 659 9392 TO SPEAK WITH A HOUSTON MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYER FOR FREE
Although a motorcycle is a fun and gas-efficient way to travel the Houston roads, it is also dangerous. Even when a rider dons protective gear, a motorcycle accident can be devastating. Motorcycle riders are less visible to car or truck drivers, especially to those who are driving distractedly or negligently. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident at the hands of another party’s negligence, it is important that you contact a personal injury lawyer to help you recover compensation for damages.
MOTO ACCIDENT STATISTICS
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, overall, in the state of Texas, in 2018:
- There were 418 motorcyclists (operators and passengers) killed in 2018. Forty nine percent (49%) of motorcyclists killed were not wearing helmets at the time of the crash.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
COMMON INJURIES IN MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS
Injuries from a motorcycle accident may be severe, and even life-threatening. Victims who survive these accidents may suffer debilitating injuries, including:
- Head injuries. The severity of a head injury could vary from a bump or a cut to a concussion or traumatic brain injury. A helmet and eye protection should reduce the chance of a brain injury, and also keep a fall from causing more than a concussion.
- Road rash. Road rash is an injury sustained when a rider slides across the pavement after a wipeout or flies over the handlebars following an impact. If the clothing is thin enough, the pavement may scrape through the layers of clothing, reaching the skin underneath.
- Biker’s arm. It’s human instinct to stretch the arms forward to lessen an impact. However, by doing this, the resulting impact may lead to nerve damage in the biker’s arms. Sturdy clothing and elbow pads may be the best protection against biker’s arm.
- Leg injury. Following an accident, common injuries may not only involve injury to the leg, but also to the knees and feet. While these injuries are not typically fatal, they could grow into something worse or become permanently disabling.
- Bruising or internal bleeding. Because of the increased impact during a motorcycle accident, bruising and internal bleeding are likely to occur. If you are bleeding from an orifice or anywhere that you wouldn’t normally see blood, you should seek medical attention immediately. Internal bleeding may be severe enough to require immediate surgery.
WHY HIRE A MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYER?
After a motorcycle accident, you may have injuries that require medical attention, a hospital stay, or multiple surgeries with lasting damage. Don’t make it any more painful than necessary by refusing to hire a motorcycle accident attorney.
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, a motorcycle accident attorney may:
- Assist you in determining liability. An experienced lawyer may assist you in determining how much you may be entitled to for your injuries based upon each party’s percentage of fault. A lawyer may also help you determine who or what may be responsible for your injuries.
- Assist you in collecting and organizing evidence. An attorney may help you collect as much evidence as possible, which includes: names of witnesses and other parties involved in the accident, medical records and costs of treatment, and any photos of the accident scene.
- Negotiate a fair settlement with the insurance adjuster. A lawyer may understand how much your case is worth and may assist you in conducting negotiations with the insurance company in order to help you seek a fair settlement amount.
MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT COMPENSATION
Typically, damages for personal injury claims fall under two categories: economic or non-economic damages.
The two main types of economic damages are medical expenses and lost wages. Medical expenses may include:
- Ambulance transportation
- Hospital fees
- Costs of rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Costs for possible future medical treatment
Lost wages represent the time you are off from work due to your injuries from the accident. Lost wages may include:
- Vacation time
- Loss of earning capacity
Non-economic damages are losses or injuries that are suffered by an accident victim but are not defined in monetary terms. Non-economic damages may cover:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Physical impairment
- Physical disfigurement
- A lowered quality of life
- Mental anguish
GET HELP FROM EXPERIENCED MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYERS
At Zinda Law Group PLLC in Houston, we provide our clients with dedicated legal assistance. It is our mission to help victims of negligence in their difficult time. Our firm ensures that each client is made aware of their rights and is guided along the legal process. We fight aggressively on our clients’ behalf to obtain fair compensation for their injuries.
At Zinda Law Group, our motorcycle accident attorneys have the experience and knowledge that has helped many injured victims seek compensation after suffering an injury from a motorcycle accident.
Meetings with attorneys by appointment only.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
HOW MUCH DOES A LAWYER CHARGE AFTER A CAR ACCIDENT?
At Zinda Law Group, our firm believes that an injured victim should never have to worry about their ability to afford excellent legal representation. That is why we offer 100% free consultations, and why you pay nothing unless we achieve a favorable settlement, judgment, or verdict for your personal injury claim. That’s our No Fee Guarantee.
WHAT IS THE AVERAGE SETTLEMENT FOR A MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT?
Every motorcycle accident is different. Therefore, the value of your case is based on the circumstances of your accident and injuries. Typically, the total amount of a victim’s settlement is about three times the amount of their medical bills. A judge may also take into account the type of injury, the kind of treatment received, the length of therapy, and any loss of income sustained after the accident.