Killeen Traffic Accident Attorney
If you have been involved in a traffic accident, there are a number of things that you should do, including:
- Take pictures before you move your vehicle if you can do so safely – the photos will provide proof of where each vehicle actually ended up after the accident and can help to support your claim.
- If you can, move your car out of the line of traffic – you can ease the flow of traffic and protect your vehicle from further damage.
- Call 911 for assistance.
- Call for an ambulance if somebody has been injured or killed.
- Seek medical attention if you are injured.
- Call for a tow truck if needed.
- Obtain the driver and insurance information of the other driver including:
- Telephone number
- License plate number
- Driver’s license number
- Name of insurance company along with the policy number
- Give the other driver your contact and insurance information.
- Get the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of any witnesses to the accident. Take their picture too – just in case you need to identify them in the future.
After You Get Home
There are a number of things you will need to take care of once you get home, including:
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible; be sure to ask about the claims process.
- Contact a knowledgeable attorney – this will serve to protect your rights under the law.
- If you initially reported your claim by telephone, be sure to follow up in writing as soon as practical; this will protect your rights under Texas prompt payment of claims laws.
- Obtain and send copies of the accident report to the insurance company if the company does not obtain one for you.
- Get your proof of loss forms in to your adjuster as soon as practical.
- Provide copies of all documentation (doctor bills, invoices, etc) to your attorney.
Awards & Recognition
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION (2016-2020)
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION (2017-2020)
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2016-2020), JOE CAPUTO (2016 – 2020) & BURGESS WILLIAMS (2016-2017) BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2009, 2011-2012, 2014-2021), JOE CAPUTO (2019-2021), BURGESS WILLIAMS (2019-2020), NEIL SOLOMON (2020-2021), & CHRISTINA HAGEN (2021) BY SUPER LAWYERS (A THOMPSON REUTERS COMPANY)
MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2017-2020), JOE CAPUTO (2019-2020), BURGESS WILLIAMS (2019-2020), NEIL SOLOMON (2019-2020), COLE GUMM (2019-2020), CHRISTINA HAGEN (2020) & BRENDAN MCQUAID (2020)
LIFETIME MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA & JOE CAPUTO
AWARDED TO ZINDA LAW GROUP (2016-2019) BY THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA IN 2015, 2016, 2017, AND 2020
AWARDED TO JOE CAPUTO (2016-2019) BY THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS
AWARDED TO ZINDA LAW GROUP IN 2018 BY INC.
Awarded to John C (Jack) Zinda (2021) by the American Association for Justice
I did not know what to do. I had never been hurt in a wreck before and this was a major accident that was not my fault. I reached out to Zinda Law Group and they were fantastic, answered all my questions, got me help immediately, and took care of everything!!
There comes a time when you need someone in your corner that you can trust. Our time came when we knew we needed the advice and counsel of an attorney. The day we walked into Zinda Law Group we knew we were covered.
There is a reason why this law firm has a 5 star rating. My experience with personal injury attorney Joe Caputo and all of the staff at Zinda Law Group has been excellent... I would definitely recommend Zinda Law Group.
Maria Ciara-Former Client
This is a really great firm! They settled my personal injury case in a year. Throughout the whole process, they were keeping in touch with me and helping me get the best treatment possible. They honestly know what they are doing. It was a pleasure working with these guys.
Everyone was so professional and was very interested in helping me with my issues. They were very upfront and honest about what I could expect.
I contacted Zinda Law Group after getting nowhere on my own with a personal injury case. I am so thankful I did. They took it off my plate and handled everything from appointments, to phone calls, and emails.
Filing a Claim
There is a two-year statute of limitations for filing a claim – if you wait until after the two years has run to file your claim, it will be barred from the claims process. This means you cannot collect for your injuries or your damages. Once you do file your claim, the insurance company is required by law to do the following:
- Respond within 15 days – the insurance company must respond – in writing – within 15 days from the date that you file your claim; they will ask for proof of loss (receipts for medical treatment, repairs, etc.) so be ready to provide that to them.
- Accept or reject your claim – after receiving your written proof of claim, the insurance company has 15 days to either accept or reject it.
- Pay the claim – the insurance company must send payment to you within 5 business days of having agreed to pay your claim or provide written notice as to why the claim has been rejected.
Zinda Law Group Can Help You
If you have been in a car accident and want to protect your rights or have been getting the runaround from your insurance company, call the attorneys at Zinda Law Group. Our attorneys can get your claim paid. We have successfully represented many accident victims and we can help you too. Call today at (800) 863-5312 for a free, no-fee consultation and let us help you.