Truck Accident Attorney Killeen
Many times, accidents involving 18-wheelers are serious or even fatal. Big Rigs weigh much more than a regular automobile. The average car weighs 4,000 pounds but the average tractor trailer weighs anywhere from 20,000 pounds to 80,000 pounds. That is a whole lot of steel and metal coming at you on the highway. When one of these big trucks is out of control, then everyone’s life is at risk.
Semi-Truck Accident Law Firm
Though Killeen is a lovely place to call home, the city sees much traffic from 18-wheelers bringing goods and supplies to local restaurants and stores. This is definitely necessary, but it can also fill the roads with truck drivers from all over the country. Some of them may be new on the job; some may be tired and exhausted. Still others may be trying to eat or talk on the phone while driving.
This can set up a series of disastrous events that result in a multi-car pileup. When an 18-wheeler is involved, the injuries are almost always worse than regular auto accidents. Severe things like brain trauma or serious burns can occur. Recovery can be long and expensive.
If you’ve been injured in an 18-wheeler accident, and you believe that someone, perhaps the driver, was negligent, then it’s important to get help. There are federal regulations that govern how truckers operate their vehicles. They must sleep at regular intervals and can only drive a certain number of miles each day. These laws have been set to protect the public from getting involved in a life-threatening accident with a Big Rig.
But sometimes truckers get in a hurry; they get behind and need to make up some time. There are just too many things that can go wrong when a driver is tired, in a hurry, or under the influence. 18-wheeler accidents in Killeen can happen anytime of the day or night for any number of reasons. These include:
- Speeding. A speeding 18-wheeler can take up to a thousand feet to stop when traveling at 60 mph.
- Poor visibility. There’s always a blind spot with big trucks. The driver might not be able to see traffic in the next lane.
- Distracted driving. This has risen to epidemic status in Texas and many other states.
- Defective equipment. Truck tires are expensive. Truckers and companies often wait as long as possible before replacing worn out tires.
- Getting behind. Drivers get behind and then rush to catch up.
- Driving under the influence. Truck drivers have a greater duty not to drink and drive, but statistics show that this does still happen.
- Bad weather. Certain roads become especially dangerous when wet. A build-up of oils and chemicals are released during rainstorms, and we should all slow down when it’s raining.
Killeen 18 Wheeler Accident Law Firm
If you or a family member have been involved in an 18-wheeler accident, then it’s important to get help from a qualified Killeen personal injury lawyer. You might be able to recover expenses like property damage, lost wages, medical bills, and pain and suffering.
Zinda Law Group PLLC is the smart Texas law firm that fights to win. We are dedicated to giving you exceptional legal representation and we work hard to build a sound case regardless of the size. We work on a contingency fee basis so you don’t have to pay a dime unless we win your case. We believe that victims should receive full and fair compensation.