Plano Dog Bites and Animal Attacks
Have you been the victim of a dog attack?
Most of the victims of dog attacks are children, with half of them sustaining bites to the face. When a dog attack occurs, there are certain actions that should be taken right away:
- Seek immediate medical care.
- Identify the dog and the dog's owner. It is crucial for that individual to be found, so that his or her insurance company can pay for the costs involved with your dog bite injuries.
- Take photographs of your injuries.
- Retain any blood stained or ripped clothing from the attack.
- Report the incident to your local police department or animal control agency.
- If possible, take photos of the dog that attacked you, and of the location where the attack occurred.
- Do not make any statement to the insurance company about your dog attack. This information may be used to accuse you of doing things that provoked or contributed to the attack.
- Do not sign any paperwork that the insurance company gives you.
- Call our experienced Plano personal injury lawyers as soon as possible. The personal injury attorneys of Zinda Law Group PLLC will thoroughly investigate your dog bite claim and pursue the damages you deserve for your medical treatment, and for your pain and suffering.
Investigating Your Dog Bite Claim
Bringing qualified legal counsel into your case early on helps to maximize your opportunity for a just outcome. While you or your loved one is recovering from the attack, we will review evidence while it is still fresh, interview witnesses who may have seen the incident, speak with the owner of the dog, your doctor, and the insurance company. We will obtain any records that may exist about prior attacks that the dog may have been involved in. This is particularly important when there is a wrongful death case.
Dog attacks can also leave lasting emotional scars, as well as physical ones. If you, your child, or another family member has been seriously bitten by a dog, let us put our aggressive and compassionate representation to work on your behalf to obtain the full compensation you deserve.