Houston Xarelto Lawsuit Lawyer
Xarelto (rivaroxaban) is an anticoagulant or blood thinner that has been linked to uncontrollable and even fatal bleeding. When Xarelto was introduced back in 2011 by Janssen Pharmaceuticals, a Johnson & Johnson subsidiary, and Bayer HealthCare, the drug had no reversal agent to stop bleeding that can occur in the event of an accident or surgery. As such, in some patients, physicians struggled to stop the bleeding, leading to dangerous injuries and even death.
How We Can Help
Zinda Law Group is a Houston law firm representing individuals who have been injured by the drug Xarelto. Our attorneys understand the immense physical, emotional, and financial implications of a Xarelto injury.
We are seeking individuals who have been hospitalized due to bleeding while taking Xarelto in order to obtain the compensation they deserve and force the makers of this dangerous drug to take action so not one else is hurt.
Studies Are Emerging as to the Dangers of Xarelto
Since its release in 2011, more studies have come out that testify to the dangers associated with the drug Xarelto. The following is a look at some emerging Xarelto research and litigation updates:
- Recently, a studied published in the British Medical Journal found that Xarelto could double the risk of gastrointestinal bleeding as compared to Warfarin.
- Over 400 federal lawsuits against the drug makers of Xarelto have currently been filed and hundreds more are underway in state courts across the country.
- Several wrongful death suits have been filed against the makers of Xarelto due to the deaths of relatives who experienced uncontrollable bleeding while taking Xarelto.
- Researchers may have discovered an antidote to Xarelto; however, the antidote comes too late for the many already injured by this drug which was released without any reversing agent.
- A 2011 study compared patients on Lovenox, another blood thinner, to those on Xarelto. It found that patients taking Xarelto had significantly higher rates of bleeding and were more than twice as likely to experience bleeding as compared to those on Lovenox.
In the hundreds of lawsuits now lodged against the makers of Xarelto, several common allegations have emerged, including:
- Drug makers failed to provide accurate warnings as to the risks of Xarelto bleeds;
- They withheld information as to the lack of an effective reversing agent in the event of bleeds while on Xarelto;
- Drug makers sold an unreasonably dangerous drug without a significant benefit; and
- Bayer and Janssen did not issue updated warnings when evidence emerged as to the danger of bleeds while taking the drug.
Lawsuits across the country continue to be filed daily. If you have experienced a bleeding injury while taking Xarelto, contact an attorney as soon as possible to protect your legal rights.
Zinda Law Group: Do You Have a Xarelto Lawsuit?
The law firm of Zinda Law Group is currently accepting Xarelto injury cases across Texas. If you or someone you know has been injured by the dangerous drug Xarelto, contact a Houston Xarelto Lawsuit Lawyer at Zinda Law Group today.
Our top defective drug attorneys have successfully represented countless clients against large drug manufacturers. We will seek to obtain the full compensation to which you are entitled. You may be eligible for compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and much more stemming from your Xarelto injuries.
Do not delay; contact our office today to protect your legal rights. Call Zinda Law Group toll free at 800-863-5312 to schedule your free consultation with one of our skilled Xarelto personal injury lawyers.