Wrongful Death Lawyers in Irving
A wrongful death suit can be filed when a loved one has died due to intentional acts, omissions, or gross negligence of another. Wrongful death can occur as a result of car accidents, medical malpractice, construction accidents, fires and explosions, cancers caused by asbestos, electrocutions, farming accidents, etc. When a wrongful death occurs, the heirs, beneficiaries, or dependents of the deceased, have a right to recover monetary damages for the loss of their loved one.
Elements of a Wrongful Death Lawsuit
To bring a wrongful death suit, the following facts must be supported:
- That the death of your loved one was caused, in whole or in part, by the intentional acts, omissions or gross negligence of another;
- That the person, or the entity such as a company or corporation, was liable for the death of your loved one;
- That there are surviving heirs or beneficiaries to the estate of the deceased, or there are dependents of the deceased; and
- That monetary damages have arisen from the death of your loved one.
Read More: What Is a Wrongful Death Attorney?
Awards & Recognition
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION (2016-2020)
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION (2017-2020)
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2016-2020), JOE CAPUTO (2016 – 2020) & BURGESS WILLIAMS (2016-2017) BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION
LIFETIME MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA, JOE CAPUTO, BURGESS WILLIAMS, NEIL SOLOMON, & JASON ALDRIDGE
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2009, 2011-2012, 2014-2021), JOE CAPUTO (2019-2021), BURGESS WILLIAMS (2019-2020), NEIL SOLOMON (2020-2021), & CHRISTINA HAGEN (2021) BY SUPER LAWYERS (A THOMPSON REUTERS COMPANY)
MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2017-2020), JOE CAPUTO (2019-2020), BURGESS WILLIAMS (2019-2020), NEIL SOLOMON (2019-2020), COLE GUMM (2019-2020), CHRISTINA HAGEN (2020) & BRENDAN MCQUAID (2020)
LIFETIME MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA & JOE CAPUTO
AWARDED TO ZINDA LAW GROUP (2016-2019) BY THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA IN 2015, 2016, 2017, AND 2020
AWARDED TO JOE CAPUTO (2016-2019) BY THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS
AWARDED TO ZINDA LAW GROUP IN 2018 BY INC.
Awarded to John C (Jack) Zinda (2021) by the American Association for Justice
There comes a time when you need someone in your corner that you can trust. Our time came when we knew we needed the advice and counsel of an attorney. The day we walked into Zinda Law Group we knew we were covered.
I did not know what to do. I had never been hurt in a wreck before and this was a major accident that was not my fault. I reached out to Zinda Law Group and they were fantastic, answered all my questions, got me help immediately, and took care of everything!!
There is a reason why this law firm has a 5 star rating. My experience with personal injury attorney Joe Caputo and all of the staff at Zinda Law Group has been excellent... I would definitely recommend Zinda Law Group.
Maria Ciara-Former Client
This is a really great firm! They settled my personal injury case in a year. Throughout the whole process, they were keeping in touch with me and helping me get the best treatment possible. They honestly know what they are doing. It was a pleasure working with these guys.
Everyone was so professional and was very interested in helping me with my issues. They were very upfront and honest about what I could expect.
I contacted Zinda Law Group after getting nowhere on my own with a personal injury case. I am so thankful I did. They took it off my plate and handled everything from appointments, to phone calls, and emails.
Factors to Consider
Under Texas law, a number of factors will be taken into consideration when a wrongful death claim is being adjudicated. These will often include the actual expenses that were incurred plus any future benefits that may have been lost.
- The degree of negligence on the part of the defendant to the suit;
- The medical costs incurred prior to the death of the decedent;
- The property damage that arose as a result of the accident or injury;
- The pain and suffering endured prior to death;
- The cost of the funeral and burial;
- Whether the heirs, beneficiaries or dependents depended on financial support from the decedent
- What future monetary benefits were lost to the heirs, beneficiaries, and dependents upon the decedent’s death.
Damages That Can Be Recovered
Wrongful death lawsuits are intended to compensate the heirs and beneficiaries for the loss of society and companionship, pain and suffering, and financial loss that occurred as a result. Common damages that may be awarded include:
- Medical expenses
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of future income
- Mental anguish and suffering
- Non-economic damages to compensate for the loss of love, society, and companionship
- Pain and suffering experienced by the decedent prior to his/her death
- Payment for future services normally provided by your loved one
- Compensation for property damage when applicable
- Punitive damages if criminal negligence was involved
Zinda Law Group Can Help
If you have lost a loved one due to a wrongful death, the personal injury attorneys at Zinda Law Group want to help you get the benefits that you are entitled to. We offer free consultations and can take your case on a contingency fee basis. That means you will pay nothing unless we recover for you. Give us a call today and speak with an experienced and knowledgeable attorney about your case.