Company Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Texas
CALL (800) 863-5312 to speak with Texas company vehicle Accident Lawyers for free
Any vehicle accident can be a traumatic experience, potentially causing serious or even life-threatening injuries. The last thing you want to be doing while recovering from your injuries is deciding how you can afford expensive medical bills or time missed from work. Accidents involving company vehicles can add additional layers of complexity that make it more difficult to seek compensation. That’s why it’s important to speak with Texas company vehicle accident lawyers if you’ve been in an accident.
Fortunately, an experienced Texas personal injury lawyer can help you pursue any benefits or compensation you may be entitled to while allowing you to focus on your physical recovery. If you were injured in an accident involving a company vehicle or if you are an employee who was hurt while in a company vehicle, call Zinda Law Group today at (800) 863-5312 to schedule your free consultation with a company vehicle accident lawyer. If we are not able to win your case, you will not owe us anything.
When will the employer be liable for a company vehicle accident?
Under Texas law, an employer will generally be liable for the negligent actions of their employees, including those driving company vehicles if they cause an accident. However, Texas law also creates additional responsibilities for employers operating commercial and company vehicles. Employers are required to take additional steps to prevent accidents and make sure that employees are driving safely and responsibly, such as by ensuring:
- Drivers are properly trained to operate the company vehicles
- Drivers are properly licensed or certified to drive the company vehicle
- Company vehicles are properly maintained and serviced
As a result, companies may be held liable in many company vehicle accident cases for their own negligence rather than simply as the employer of the vehicle’s driver. For example, a company may be held liable for:
- Negligent hiring such as by hiring a driver with a history of causing car accidents or DUI offenses
- Failing to properly verify that the driver was properly licensed and certified
- Failing to properly train the driver
- Failing to properly maintain the vehicle
- Negligent supervision of drivers or of employees responsible for maintaining the company vehicle
If you were injured in an accident involving a commercial or company vehicle, you should contact an experienced Texas company vehicle accident attorney as soon as possible to help you seek compensation.
when will an employer not be responsible for an accident involving a company vehicle?
Whether you are an employee injured while in a company vehicle, or a driver or passenger in another vehicle involved in the accident, the employer who owned the commercial vehicle or employs its driver will often be the first party you look toward for providing compensation for your injuries or damages. However, the employer may not always be liable for some accidents, even when they involve a vehicle owned by the company. For example, an employer may not be responsible for accidents in certain situations, such as for:
- Accidents caused while the employee is committing a crime such as driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Accidents caused by independent contractors who may be paid by the employer but are using personal vehicles
- An accident caused while the employee is using the company vehicle to run personal errands even while the employee is considered “on the clock” or while conducting the personal business while during the employee’s work time
- Accidents caused while the employee is using the company to commute to or from work or while being used for personal or recreational travel outside of work hours by employees that have use of the company vehicle 24/7
If you were injured in an accident involving a company vehicle, contact a company vehicle accident lawyer at Zinda Law Group to see if the employer may be liable for the accident.
Call Zinda Law Group’s Company Vehicle Accident Lawyers
Vehicle accidents involving a company vehicle—whether cars, trucks, vans, or buses—are generally more complex than typical car accidents. However, when an employee is driving a commercial or company vehicle negligently, everyone else on the road is at risk just the same, regardless of who owns the vehicle. As a result, it is important to know your legal rights if you are involved in an accident with an employee driving a company vehicle. Meanwhile, if you are an employee who was hurt while in a company vehicle as the driver or passenger, you will also need skilled representation to help you make sure you are able to pursue any and all compensation you may be entitled to.
Fortunately, the company vehicle accident lawyers at Zinda Law Group have years of experience helping victims pursue the maximum compensation they may be entitled to. Our skilled team of attorneys will use this experience to handle your claim while allowing you to focus on recovering from your injuries.
Importantly, your lawyer can help identify who may be liable for your injuries, whether that party is the negligent employee or the employer itself. Likewise, if you are an employee who was hurt while in the company vehicle, we can help identify whether you may be eligible for compensation through your employer’s insurance company, or workers’ compensation, or whether you may be able to pursue a claim against another driver who may have been responsible for causing the accident.
At Zinda Law Group, your attorney may handle your claim and help you pursue compensation in a number of ways, including but not limited to these:
- Helping you understand your legal options after an accident, including who may be liable for your injuries
- Helping you determine how much compensation you may be entitled to
- Filing your personal injury lawsuit before the statute of limitations expires
- Performing a thorough investigation to gather any available evidence to strengthen your claim
- Negotiating with insurance companies on your behalf to level the playing field against their teams of lawyers
- Taking your case to trial if necessary and proving your claim
There are often many moving pieces and factors to consider in a company vehicle accident case. In many cases, proving the company’s liability can be difficult, especially if you are an employee, as well as if you were injured by a negligent employee driving a company vehicle. As a result, it will be crucial to have a skilled to help you prove your claim and successfully seek the maximum compensation for your injuries that you may be entitled to.
Contact a Texas company vehicle lawyer near you today
Despite employer obligations to ensure company vehicles are safe and operated safely by employees, car crashes still occur involving company vehicles and may be the result of negligence on the part of the employee driving the vehicle, the employer in failing to properly maintain the vehicle, or another driver negligently causing the accident.
Whether you have been injured in a car accident caused by an employee’s negligence or you are an employee who was hurt while driving or riding in a company vehicle, you should call Zinda Law Firm as soon as possible to speak with one of our experienced Texas injury attorneys; we can help you understand your legal options after your accident. At Zinda Law Group, your lawyer can help you understand who may be held liable for your damages as well as how much compensation you may be able to seek.
Call (800) 863-5312 today for a free consultation with a company vehicle accident lawyer from Zinda Law Group. No matter where you are in Texas, you will not pay anything unless we win your case. That’s our No Win, No Fee Guarantee.
Meetings with attorneys are available by appointment only.