Tucson Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers
CALL (800) 863-5312 to speak with a Tucson slip and fall lawyer for free
Although we have surely all experienced a slip and fall at some point in our lives, it may shock you to learn that falls are the second leading cause of unintentional injury-related deaths. In fact, in 2019 alone, over 8 million people visited emergency rooms for fall-related injuries.
If you slipped and fell in Tucson and have suffered physically and financially, call a slip and fall lawyer today. An experienced attorney, like those at Zinda Law Group, can help you navigate these complex cases and work to ensure that you are compensated to the fullest. Call our Tucson slip and fall attorneys at (800) 863-5312 today for a free consultation to find out more about whether you have a claim and, if so, how to proceed.
WHAT TO DO AFTER A SLIP AND FALL ACCDIENT
These kinds of accidents can happen out of the blue and can be entirely overwhelming, especially if you are suddenly without warning severely injured. Thus, it is best to keep yourself informed about what to do after an accident of this kind. If you or a loved one slipped and fell in Tucson, follow these key steps to best situate yourself for a future claim:
1. Seek medical treatment. First things first, always seek medical treatment; your health and wellbeing are always the top priority. Even if the injury seems minor or you feel fine, it is still always the best policy to seek treatment. Many slip and fall victims do not fully experience their injuries until hours or even days after the accident, and sometimes lack of medical attention can make injuries even worse; prompt, comprehensive medical treatment can help you recover as quickly as possible and can better your chances of prevailing in a lawsuit later on.
2. Report the accident. Next, it is important that you report the accident. Who you report it to will depend on where the fall took place; if it was in an apartment complex or in a house, let the landlord or homeowner know about what happened; if the fall took place in a business, then report the accident to the manager or supervisor and provide as many details as possible, including specifics about your injuries and how you are feeling. It is always best practice to make these reports in writing and take a copy with you.
3. Document the evidence. Once you have a copy of your report in hand, it is a good idea to document other evidence as well. For example, take pictures of the injuries you suffered or obtain written statements and contact information from any of the witnesses of the accident. Take your accident report, medical forms, and all other evidence that you document and keep it in an organized file, ready to hand over to a competent attorney.
4. Call an attorney. Last, call a capable Tucson slip and fall lawyer. Filing one of these cases can be complicated and the process can be complex; an experienced lawyer will listen to your story, assess your claim, and help you pursue the compensation you deserve for your injuries. In Arizona, slip and fall victims only have two years from the date of the accident to file their claim, which is why it is so important that you call a slip and fall attorney sooner rather than later.
DO I HAVE A SLIP AND FALL Claim?
So, you slipped and fell in Tucson, and now tons of questions are running through your head, like: Whose fault is it if I fall in Tucson? What are common slip and fall injuries and how are they caused? If I was injured, what kind of compensation might I be able to receive? Do I need a slip and fall lawyer? At Zinda Law Group we can help you answer these valid yet confusing questions.
Awards & Recognition
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION (2016-2020)
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION (2017-2020)
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2016-2020), JOE CAPUTO (2016 – 2020) & BURGESS WILLIAMS (2016-2017) BY THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION
LIFETIME MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA, JOE CAPUTO, BURGESS WILLIAMS, NEIL SOLOMON, & JASON ALDRIDGE
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2009, 2011-2012, 2014-2021), JOE CAPUTO (2019-2021), BURGESS WILLIAMS (2019-2020), NEIL SOLOMON (2020-2021), & CHRISTINA HAGEN (2021) BY SUPER LAWYERS (A THOMPSON REUTERS COMPANY)
MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA (2017-2020), JOE CAPUTO (2019-2020), BURGESS WILLIAMS (2019-2020), NEIL SOLOMON (2019-2020), COLE GUMM (2019-2020), CHRISTINA HAGEN (2020) & BRENDAN MCQUAID (2020)
LIFETIME MEMBERS JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA & JOE CAPUTO
AWARDED TO ZINDA LAW GROUP (2016-2019) BY THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS
AWARDED TO JOHN C. (JACK) ZINDA IN 2015, 2016, 2017, AND 2020
AWARDED TO JOE CAPUTO (2016-2019) BY THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS
AWARDED TO ZINDA LAW GROUP IN 2018 BY INC.
Awarded to John C (Jack) Zinda (2021) by the American Association for Justice
I did not know what to do. I had never been hurt in a wreck before and this was a major accident that was not my fault. I reached out to Zinda Law Group and they were fantastic, answered all my questions, got me help immediately, and took care of everything!!
There comes a time when you need someone in your corner that you can trust. Our time came when we knew we needed the advice and counsel of an attorney. The day we walked into Zinda Law Group we knew we were covered.
There is a reason why this law firm has a 5 star rating. My experience with personal injury attorney Joe Caputo and all of the staff at Zinda Law Group has been excellent... I would definitely recommend Zinda Law Group.
Maria Ciara-Former Client
This is a really great firm! They settled my personal injury case in a year. Throughout the whole process, they were keeping in touch with me and helping me get the best treatment possible. They honestly know what they are doing. It was a pleasure working with these guys.
Everyone was so professional and was very interested in helping me with my issues. They were very upfront and honest about what I could expect.
I contacted Zinda Law Group after getting nowhere on my own with a personal injury case. I am so thankful I did. They took it off my plate and handled everything from appointments, to phone calls, and emails.
SLIP AND FALL INJURIES, CAUSES, AND COMPENSATION
Slip and fall injuries are probably much more common and riskier than you may think. In fact, one out of every five falls results in a serious injury, such as a head injury or a broken bone; additionally, falls are the most common cause of traumatic brain injuries. Thus, these types of accidents can have severe consequences.
Even if the victim doesn’t experience a serious injury, there is still a large chance they will need medical attention. This is supported by the fact that millions of people are treated in hospitals every year for slip and fall accidents. Hence, it is important to take these accidents seriously and keep in mind the types of injuries that can result.
Common injuries from slips and falls include:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI’s)
- General head injuries which can be particularly serious if the victim is elderly
- Broken bones or fractures, such as wrists, arms, legs, ankles, or hips
- Back and spine injuries
If you slipped and fell in Tucson, did you go to the doctor? It is always a good idea to seek medical assistance, even if the injury seems minor to you at the time, because without medical attention any damage could get progressively worse over time and become something much more severe. An experienced slip and fall lawyer can help you assess your injuries and calculate the resulting financial harm so that together you can work towards obtaining the compensation you deserve.
Generally, accidents can happen anywhere at any time. However, there are a few risk factors that increase the likelihood of slip and falls:
- Debris left on the floor, such as napkins in restaurants or loose wrappers in grocery stores
- Wet or slippery floors with no warning sign
- Dangerous work conditions, such as employees having to climb ladders or having to walk on hazardous surfaces
- Bumpy or uneven surfaces
- Loose electrical or phone cords in traffic areas
- Lack of handrails on stairways
- Improper lighting
- Personal characteristics, such as lower body weakness, difficulties walking, vitamin deficiencies, vision problems, or use of certain medicines
Slip and fall accidents can clearly happen for a multitude of reasons. However, whether you slipped on a wet floor in your local grocery store or tripped over a loose cord at your friend’s house, these accidents are nearly always preventable. That is why it is so important to assess safety concerns and minimize all risks possible and, if you have been a victim of a slip and fall, contact a slip and fall lawyer.
Victims of slip and fall accidents have the right to pursue compensation for their injuries so long as they can successfully establish liability. Of course, it would be helpful to know what you might be able to recover. Generally, there are three types of “damages” that a slipped and fell attorney in Tucson can help you try to obtain:
These damages compensate you for the direct losses that you experienced because of your fall. For example, these include your medical bills, such as any hospital stays you had to pay for or any co-pay you were charged for your medicine. These also include compensation for the income you lost during the time you had to take off work, as well as any future income if the injury has prevented you from being able to work in the future.
These are more difficult to quantify and are evaluated subjectively by the jury, so they are different in every lawsuit. Generally, these can include compensation for pain and suffering, emotional distress, disfigurement, disability, and loss of consortium.
These damages are unlike the other two in that they are not intended to compensate you, the victim. Instead, these damages are intended to punish the bad actor, the person responsible for your fall. In Arizona punitive damages are allowed in slip and fall cases; however, the plaintiff must successfully show that the defendant acted with an “evil hand and evil mind.” Basically, the defendant’s conduct must have been intentional and outrageous as opposed to just being careless.
It is not easy to figure out which type of compensation you may be entitled to, which is why calling a slipped and fell lawyer near you in Tucson can be of great use. Experienced lawyers know how to best position your case so that you can receive all the compensation you deserve.
You may be wondering, “If I fell at the grocery store in Tucson, who is liable?” Liability can make or break a claim in these kinds of cases, which is why it is so important to contact an experienced slip and fell attorney to help you assess your case and determine who is truly liable for your injury.
In order to prevail in a slip and fall case, the plaintiff must show that the defendant, whether it be the property owner or the business manager, failed to live up to their responsibility of preventing injuries to the people on their property. This legal theory is known as “premises liability.” Basically, the plaintiff must show that the defendant owed the plaintiff a duty, and that they failed to live up to that duty.
Generally, businesses owe duties to their invitees. When you walk into your local Safeway to get your groceries, you are considered an invitee; if you then slip in the produce aisle because there was no wet floor sign displayed after an employee mopped up a spill, you may be able to recover from Safeway if you can show that they did not live up to their duty. Safeway’s breach of their duty can be shown by proving either (1) Safeway knew of the dangerous condition, (2) an employee caused the condition, or (3) the condition existed for a long enough time such that someone should have fixed it.
Conversely, if when you slipped and fell you were at a friend’s house or other non-commercial establishment, then you are considered a licensee. Although property owners do owe licensees a duty, they generally only fail to live up to this duty if they do not warn their visitors of non-obvious dangers, such as disguised, loose floorboards.
Hence, liability and whether or not you have a cause of action can depend on a lot of factors, like where you were when you fell and what you were warned about. An experienced slip and fall lawyer can explain these complexities to you and inform you about the strength of your possible case.
Call zinda law group today
If you slipped and fell in Tucson, the consequences can feel devastating. It is our job at Zinda Law Group to help you assess your case and to fight for compensation for your injuries. These kinds of cases can be complex, which is why it is most beneficial to your cause that you have an experienced slip and fall lawyer by your side.
At Zinda Law Group, our slip and fall lawyers in Tucson can help you seek maximum compensation for your injuries, all while providing you with compassionate and informed representation. Call us today at (800) 863-5312 for a free case evaluation consultation. If we don’t win your case, then you don’t owe us anything. That is our “No Win, No Fee Guarantee.”
Meetings with attorneys are available by appointment only.