The Southeast New Mexico oil fields around Hobbs provide many good jobs yet expose workers to substantial hazards and risks. The drilling, fracking, pipeline transmission, equipment operation, chemical exposures, and general nature of the jobs performed at well sites result in too many workplace accidents, injuries, disabilities, and preventable deaths each year.
If you or someone you care for has suffered catastrophic injuries or lost their life unnecessarily due to deficient safety policies, improper training, inherently defective equipment, or negligence by drilling operators or contractors in the Hobbs oil fields, you need strong advocates protecting your rights. The accomplished oil field accident lawyers at Zinda Law Group have the skill, unwavering commitment, and extensive case experience to help injured workers and grieving families obtain the greatest possible compensation after these complex accidents.
Common Causes of Serious Hobbs Oil Field Accidents
Some of the most common causes of severe injuries or deaths around Hobbs oil fields include:
- Explosions/fires caused by equipment failures or sparks igniting gaseous fumes
- Workers struck by falling pipes, tools, vehicles, or other heavy objects
- Caught in or caught between accidents involving heavy machinery
- Toxic chemical inhalation exposure accidents and poisonings
- Crane/hoist accidents while moving heavy loads
- Motor vehicle collisions involving large trucks or equipment
- Workers falling from rigs, platforms, ladders and towers
These preventable hazards too often lead to catastrophic physical harm such as:
- First-, second-and third-degree burn injuries over large portions of the body
- Blunt force trauma causing organ damage and traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord or nerve damage leading to paralysis
- Amputated fingers, hands, arms, or legs after being pulled into equipment
- Severe cuts and lacerations from rig tools and equipment
- Permanent loss of eyesight or hearing abilities
- Respiratory illness or lung damage from chemical exposures
- Wrongful death leaves families without their main income earner
The risks faced by regional oilfield employees simply cannot be overshadowed by production goals. Safety must be the top priority, not merely treated as an afterthought. When company policies contribute to accidents, all decision-makers must be held fully accountable.
Who is Liable for My Hobbs Oil Field Injuries?
Because multiple companies are frequently involved at Southeast New Mexico drilling locations and worksites, liability for workplace hazards or accidents causing employee injuries is often shared. In certain cases, these parties’ carelessness, regulatory violations, and negligence can leave them legally responsible for damages. Potentially liable entities include:
- Oil and gas well leaseholders/operators
- Owners of sites and mineral rights
- Equipment rental companies providing defective machinery
- Drilling/fracking/construction contractors and subcontractors
- Engineering or architecture firms neglecting safety duties
- Equipment manufacturers making intrinsically unsafe extraction equipment
- Trucking/hauling companies transporting hazardous chemicals
- Refineries and plant owners/operators
- Individual managers and supervisors who ignored risks
Identifying all parties potentially sharing liability is crucial when pursuing injury claims after Hobbs oilfield catastrophes. This allows victims to pursue multiple negligent defendants and maximize potential damages recovered. Experienced legal counsel can help.
What Damages Can One Recover From Hobbs Oil Accidents?
If deficient safety controls, lack of training, dangerous equipment, gross negligence, or other preventable mistakes contributed to catastrophic worker injuries or deaths on a Hobbs rig or well site, victims deserve substantial financial compensation through our civil justice system. Recoverable damages can include:
- All medical expenses, including future ones
- Costs of recurring rehabilitative therapy
- Assistive devices and in-home care
- Diminished or negated income earnings
- Pain, suffering, mental anguish, and emotional struggles
- Physical impairment, disfigurement, or lifelong disabilities
- Lower quality of life and lost enjoyment of family activities
- Loss of companionship after wrongful death cases
- Potential punitive damages in gross negligence claims
Our New Mexico personal injury attorneys assist victims in calculating and then pursuing the full scope of damages so you recover fair, complete compensation after workplace oil field accidents in Southeast New Mexico. We handle even the most complex legal matters surrounding injury and wrongful death cases so clients can concentrate on healing.
Why Talk To a Hobbs Oil Field Accident Attorney?
Attempting to handle an oil rig injury claim without proper legal experience often compromises victims’ full compensation rights and chances of holding all negligent parties fully accountable. Maneuvering intricate state regulations and OSHA violations, dealing with multiple insurers, gathering convincing testimony and evidence, calculating complex damages, negotiating tenaciously, and preparing potential jury trial strategies require specialized skills, dedication, and resources.
An accomplished oil field injury lawyer in New Mexico protects your rights every step by:
- Performing exhaustive independent investigations of the accident’s root causes
- Inspecting sites and preserving evidence before alteration
- Consulting appropriate financial, engineering, and medical experts
- Meticulously documenting the full extent of your losses
- Aggressively negotiating with insurance providers
- Persuasively demonstrating negligence and liability of defendants
- Utilizing vast legal resources to maximize compensation
An experienced attorney fighting for your best interests can significantly level the playing field when dealing with massive companies unwilling to accept responsibility for drilling site catastrophes. Protect your legal rights in these complex cases—contact our Hobbs law office immediately after an accident for dedicated representation when you need it most.
Schedule a Free Consultation with Our Hobbs Oil Field Accident Lawyers
The caring team of oil field accident lawyers at Zinda Law Group believes those suffering from preventable workplace catastrophes deserve attentive legal advocates helping injured employees and grieving families pursue the maximum possible compensation. We provide free, no-obligation case evaluations to discuss incident details, explain your rights and options, and recommend your best path toward physical, emotional, and financial recovery.
Act now by contacting our firm for compassionate yet aggressive legal representation following a catastrophic Hobbs oil rig explosion, drilling site accident, pipeline leak, or refinery mishap that caused disabling injuries or death. New Mexico has strict deadlines for injury claims, so early attorney involvement maximizes your chances for sufficient compensation. Take advantage of a free case evaluation with Zinda Law Group’s accomplished oil field accident lawyers by calling (800) 863-5312 to discuss your case right away—we respond immediately to start protecting your rights.