Broken and Fractured Bones Lawyers in Austin
An injury resulting in broken or fractured bones can lead to expensive medical bills, pain and suffering and even long-term unemployment. For this reason, when an individual suffers an injury due to the negligence of a business, government agency or private citizen, he or she can receive compensation for the injury. However, this process involves complex legal questions making it important that the injured party secure effective legal assistance.
A personal injury lawsuit can be brought in order to recover damages stemming from an injury resulting from the negligence or action of another party. Common examples of conditions that can cause a broken or fractured bone include the following:
• Damaged or slippery floors that can lead to avoidable slip and fall accidents.
• Failure to properly post hazardous areas within a business.
• Accidents resulting from poorly maintained or incorrectly operated equipment.
• Injuries due to the actions of individuals who are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Compensation for Broken or Fractured Bones
When seeking compensation for a personal injury, the attorney must first determine what groups or individuals to take action against. In some cases, a personal injury lawsuit may name several defendants. For example, while a negligent worker may have been immediately responsible for the victim’s injury, his or her employer may share responsibility due to their failure to adequately train and supervise the employee.
Compensation for a personal injury can include compensatory or real damages, and punitive damages. Compensatory damages are awarded to compensate the victim for any actual damages arising from the injury. They usually include compensation for the following:
• Short and long-term hospital and medical bills.
• Pain and suffering arising from the injury.
• Lost wages and earnings, including long-term compensation if the injured individual is rendered unable to work because of the injury.
Punitive damages are applied against defendants who have acted with malice or egregious negligence. The most common type of personal injury lawsuit that can give rise to punitive damages is one where the use of drugs or alcohol was responsible for the injury. However, successfully obtaining punitive damages can involve complex legal questions, requiring the services of an experienced attorney.
Working with the Law Firm of Zinda Law Group
Zinda Law Group can assist those individuals who have suffered broken or fractured bones create an effective legal strategy in order obtain the best possible legal outcome. When working with a client, Zinda Law Group will be able to provide the following services:
• Evaluating the nature of the case and assisting the client in determining the best possible course of action.
• Gathering evidence in a timely manner.
• Representing the client before the court, in addition to negotiating with the defendant’s attorneys.
In fact, in many cases, skillful legal representation can lead to the defendant settling before the case goes to trial, enabling the injured party to obtain an acceptable settlement without having to endure the stress of a trial. This makes obtaining an effective attorney all the more important for individuals considering a wrongful injury lawsuit.
Ultimately, the services of an experienced personal injury attorney can mean the difference between success and failure. Because of this, anyone who has suffered a personal injury should immediately obtain professional legal assistance from the law firm of Zinda Law Group.