Fort Worth Truck Accident Lawyers
Involved in a Semi Truck Accident? Zinda Law Group’s Truck Accident Lawyers Can Get You Maximum Compensation
Many drivers do not realize it, but 18 wheelers are among the most common causes of motor vehicle accidents in the United States. It is estimated that approximately 500,000 accidents involving these large trucks occur on an annual basis, with a disturbingly large ratio of those resulting in serious personal injury or even wrongful death. If you have been the victim of an accident involving an 18-wheeler, then you likely had to be hospitalized and may still be in the process of recovering from your injuries.
Regardless of the specific cause of your accident involving an 18-wheeler, the fact remains that you have likely incurred significant expenses as a result of the accident. Specifically, if you suffered serious injuries, you probably have received major medical and hospital bills in addition to possible wages lost due to being unable to work. There was likely significant property damage done to your vehicle that could be quite expensive to repair or replace altogether.
Because of these expenses, it may be necessary not only to file a claim with the truck driver’s insurance company, but to take the matter to court as well. This will prove to the insurance company that you mean business and will not settle for a penny less than what you are owed. Taking the matter to court with a quality Fort Worth truck accident lawyer will help you seek compensation for pain and suffering.
If you are in need of a trucking accident lawyer, then look no further than Zinda Law Group. Serving the area of Fort Worth, Texas, our injury law firm knows how to handle cases such as yours and will fight until you receive the compensation that you deserve. Furthermore, they can make the often complicated legal process much easier, taking care of many confusing aspects for you. To get started, contact one of our truck injury attorneys for a free consultation or call 817-769-8442. You pay nothing unless we win!
18 Wheeler Regulations
Due to the hazard large commercial vehicles can bring to our roads, they are subjected to many safety requirements including
- Log Books: Drowsy driving is always dangerous but can be catastrophic when driving a large 18 wheeler vehicle. Commercial Truck drivers are required to keep log books detailing drive time and stops. For every 10 hours of driving, drivers are required to rest at least 8 hours.
- Weight Limits: Commercial vehicles must adhere to weight limits and ensure weight is disturbed evenly to prevent roll over. Commercial vehicles are required to stop at weigh stations to ensure they are complying with weight regulations.
- Driver Qualifications: Driving an 18 wheeler is much more complicated than a regular automobile. Drivers are required to obtain a special commercial driver’s license, have a clean driving record, and complete safety courses through their employer.
Top Reasons for Truck Accidents
While all drivers of 18 wheelers are extensively trained to drive safely and properly in just about any possible road condition, the fact remains that truck drivers make mistakes all the time.
Some semi truck accidents are caused by equipment errors that are beyond the driver’s control including:
- loss of control of the truck caused by a bad axle
- Mechanical problems that were overlooked during the last truck inspection
- Faulty brakes
The majority of trucking accidents occur as a result of driver error, such as:
- Distracted driving
- Not seeing a vehicle located in the driver’s “blind spots” when merging or changing lanes
- Being under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol – this the leading cause of 18-wheeler accidents on the road